Sunday, March 29, 2009

Perfection

Salam Alayk :)

Let's not dwell over silly things anymore okay? I apologize for the previous posts that haven't been that important. Well, despite that I hope those of you reading could get something out of it at least. I try to convey useful messages in my posts and eventhough recent events cause me a certain degree of grief it's okay. Why? Because humans are not perfect. That's how it is so deal with it. :P

It's late now but since I'm in the mood, don't mind me writing okay? Just now in conjunction with the closing ceremony of the 2009 I-CODE there was a talk. The question was, "How to be a perfect human?"

WARNING
THIS IS POSSIBLY A LONG POST BUT DO CONTINUE READING IF YOU DON'T MIND :)

The speaker first asked us all a question. He said "Before asking how to be a perfect human you must first know why you want to be a perfect human. So, why?"

I couldn't answer this properly just now. Hmm...Think about it. Why? When I was thinking, suddenly a thought struck me. Do I want to be perfect in the 1st place actually? Haha...questions leading to more questions. Shows how ignorant we are. Now in this case ignorance is NOT BLISS. We must know and so that's why we must continue exploring the mysteries of life for there is no end to Allah's knowledge. Okay, let's not be hypocrites. I'll tell you my first thought when he asked that question. Why do I want to be perfect? Because by being perfect, things are simpler. That's what I thought. Coz if you're perfect then nothing can go wrong.

BUT, as my mind starts thinking further I remembered the feeling of hope. You know when you leave everything to Allah and trust in Him? When you have that strong will to improve, the guilt of making mistakes, the sweetness when you repent, the difficulty in doing something and finally getting it right. All those feelings we experience come rushing to me and I said to myself if I were to have to lose all that would I want to be perfect? I don't think so. Especially that sweet feeling of hope towards Allah that can never be replaced by anything. If I have to lose that, I don't wanna be perfect. And so, the question on 'why' is pushed aside :P

The speaker said that perfection is prepared for those who have faith in paradise. He said, "Perfection is what the eyes have not seen, what the ears have not listened to, and what the heart has never felt." You know, whenever something about the heart comes out I have this sudden feeling to cry. Why? Because I felt touched. A woman's heart is very delicate they say. True enough :) and so when he mentioned "...what the heart has never felt." I could feel my heart reaching out as if wanting to know what is it that it has never felt. [sabar dulu ye hati? :P]

So, the subsequent question is what is it that we want? Is it perfection that we're after or is it actually excellence?

It's excellence.
Now this is not impossible to achieve :)

The talk comprised of the 4 aspects of life (physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual). What's holding us back from excellence are challenges that we face.
-limited knowledge (ignorance is NOT bliss)
-DESIRES, TEMPTATIONS and sins

Desires from within ourselves and temptations from the surroundings. This hit me hard. :( Don't know about you :P

The speaker went on further into the 4 aspects of life but since this post is long already I'll continue in the next entry okay? You might be bored if I straight away write all so this is it for now. Some thoughts for you to think about till I write more. :)

Why am I writing all this you ask? Because knowledge is meant to be spread. We must not assume others already know right? :)

"Sebagaimana Kami telah mengutus kepadamu seorang Rasul (Muhammad) dari (kalangan) kamu yang membacakan ayat-ayat Kami, menyucikan kamu, dan mengajarkan kepadamu Kitab (Al-Quran) dan Hikmah (Sunnah), serta mengajarkan apa yang belum kamu ketahui."
[Al-Baqarah 2:151]

2 comments:

  1. salam alyk adik..eh2 silap..dira!

    cpt gle dira ngn eka p0sting psl talk mlm td..hua3..gud2..

    "ilmu tuh akan hilang or relatively berkurang @ faded kalo tak di sharekan kpd org len dlm masa 48jam.."

    so adik..eh2 silap..dira!tlah pun wat ur part..tenkiu for sharin..

    "s0rg yg ckp 1 perkataan yg membawa ses0rg yg len dkt kpd Tuhan, baginya 100 pahala (kalo tak silap) utk setiap perkataan nya.."

    cuba wat w0rd count dlm p0sting nih..bpe juta lem0nkah pahala (insyaAllah) yg adik..eh2 silap..dira! dapat..?!

    since dira tak amek maths,meh org tlg kirakan..

    word count for both Perfection 1&2
    =1652

    characters(no spaces)=7577

    characters(with spaces)=9256

    lines= 169

    wah!!!hebat tak org yg amek maths?!tu ah spe sur0 amek physics..hahaha..

    kalo tak caye, sila copy-paste dlm w0rds, then click word count..o0ps, kant0i sudeyh..hahaha..criuz org kire guna w0rds td..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam :)

    malam tu dira fresh lak after ceramah yg best tu. hehe...bukannye nk study, went blogging lak. adeyh where is your priority nadira? (smacks self...ouch!) so immediately tulis la...hopefully beneficial. dpt tau ade org tido mlm tu...name dier h****m XD...jgn marah ye org berkenaan :P

    haha...rajinnye kirekn words. thank u la org yg terer maths ni. [padahal cheating coz guna words :P]

    so, cpt2 bg opinion in next post. doctor's orders!

    ReplyDelete