Friday, July 24, 2009

Sudden holiday?

Yup, that's right. One whole week of it due to the H1N1 spreading. Saw it coming really but why am I not thrilled? I find it weird myself. Usually I'd rejoice over holidays and we're not talking about a day or two here, we're talking about ONE WEEK.

:) okay...a smile there but truth is I really am not that thrilled. Going back this Sunday and will be back on the next. Syukur Alhamdulillah that for now, I'm still healthy. But then again for those who are sick, there is also need for syukur. Don't forget that.

It's true that when we fall sick we feel ever so weak. Somehow even simple things turn difficult and for me I'd feel as if I'm burdening others. Not a pleasant feeling being sick but then again it's actually a matter of perception. How do you perceive your sickness?

Bad luck? A nuisance? Wrong timing? Unfairness?

Now that's where you're wrong. Think of it differently next time. Illness is actually cure. Ironic but true. Cure to what you ask? Cure to the heart & soul. When you're sick, whether you like it or not you realise your weakness. There you are unable to control yourself. You realise that the body you call yours is actually out of your control. Let's just say, being sick is what makes you human. One of the things that is and because of that you need it.

"Tiap dari kita telah diberi kekuatan. Bila Allah uji kita dengan sakit, kita rasa lemah tapi percayalah kekuatan itu masih ada"

The above sent by somebody and not meant for me but I'd never forget.

Dear brothers and sisters, take care~

Salam :)

3 comments: