Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A note

Last Saturday I met up with 4 of my oldest friends. Not to say their old or anything (although they actually kinda are :P) but their the ones I spent most of my time with during my high school years. The dearest ones to me I'd say and I just noticed they all start with the letter 'A'. Cool ey? Such a coincidence. haha :)

Spending time with them was great. We were most of the time walking around getting lost but no matter, what's important to me always is their company :) Company I'd never get elsewhere.

Sometimes, there's no need for talk. Presence is enough. Presence is what makes me feel safe. At least to me that's how it is. (applicable in a few 'different' cases mind you :P)

Anyway, what I meant to write here is a note written in a book Arine gave me. 'The Road to Mecca'...I have yet to finish it. Just read a few pages but what caught me wasn't the book. (at least not yet...it really is a great book) She wrote me a note~

'God designs for each man and each woman a path unlike any other, yet all these paths, some smooth and some stony, have led to the same end, the same HOMECOMING'

- Gai Eaton -

Beautiful isn't it? Looking back, that homecoming is where we all come from. A long lost memory in our minds. A memory meant for us to forget only as a test to our faith. We all come from the same place and that is where we shall all return. Doesn't it touch your heart? To be ripped off the memory where we all swore to Allah that He is our One and Only. To be ripped off the memory of the world beyond us now. To be ripped off from the true meaning of life.

It's sad, but there is no use in regretting the lost memory that shall forever be lost. We start fresh now, going along the paths meant for us. Along these paths some cross each other, some never meet and some forever intertwined. Whichever way we go, finally, we shall meet the same end.

My brothers and sisters, think about it. May we find the right path...always.

As for me...this is the path I walk~

No comments:

Post a Comment