Monday, June 22, 2009

Listen~

They say you must speak out and not be afraid but for once I'm telling myself that what I need to do is listen. Not just to hear words coming from you simply because I detect vibrations later taken through my auditory nerve as sound to interpret (what a long sentence :P), but to listen to what you say intently.

To listen… with my heart.

What's the difference between hearing and listening you ask?

To hear is to perceive sound with your ears. It's involuntary. You can’t stop yourself from hearing your next door neighbor renovate their house for instance.
To listen is to make an effort to hear something. You may either wish to do so or not.

He made his ego a muslim. Yes, that is our prophet peace be upon him. Although I’m merely an ordinary servant I must do so too as much as I can and here I admit that I haven’t been listening hard enough to the things people say to me. For that I really am sorry.

When you listen, you find answers. Some are to those troublesome questions you face in life. The answers might just be right in front of your faces.

And your heart says to you… ‘If only you’d listen.’

Listen with your heart, understand with your heart. My naqibah told me that. Did I not listen to her?

When I was in a sticky situation, a sahabat said to me. ‘ade abg tuh kata, peredaran malam ke siang tuh, ikot phase2 dia masing2..kadang2 kita cam tak sedar yg siang dah berubah jadi malam, rasa cam sekejap sgt..nmpk cam xde perubahan, tapi sbanrnye changes itu ada…’ Did I not listen to him?

When you’re at a loss, you do not know or you are unsure, listen to your heart, provided that heart is pure.
A woman’s heart is difficult to care for and understand but you must also understand the heart of a man.
No, you are not difficult. Not to someone who understands you.
You might be a child to them but you’re not to me.
I see you.
Someone important told me all that. Did I not listen then?

Oh well I hope it’s not too late :) Try listening for once. I know now that I’ve been missing a lot. Gotta think back the things people say to me. Can’t afford to let them just pass by without me actually listening.

To you dear reader, would you listen to me?

p/s: To 'you' if you’re reading, I’m sorry. I‘ve realized a grave mistake that I made. From now on, I’ll make it a point to listen. Will you talk to me again as before? I’m being very vague. I doubt you even know who you are but no matter. What’s in our hearts should be the same (you said this) and for that to happen, I’ll leave it to Allah to take care of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment