Wednesday, August 18, 2010

2 letters from fathers to their daughters


Salam alayk :)

So today I'd just like to share with you letters written by fathers to their daughters. I wonder if you can identify where I got them :P So simple, yet I find such meaning in them, such wisdom. And yes, the part of me that always loves letters would of course love these :)

1st letter~
"Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. From now on you'll be travelling a road between who you think you are and who you can be. The key is to allow yourself to make the journey."

How inspiring these words are. I don't know about you but I'm quite sure that we all face fears in our lives. You'd find people we seek advice in, telling us to have courage and I believe the above is such a wonderful way in looking at courage. Saying that it is not the absence of fear. One with courage has fear but chooses to acknowledge the fact that what he or she must do has consequences that are more important than that fear that may have held them back. :) We might tell ourselves that we know we can't do something without trying. Then we won't know who we could have been if we tried. How fortunate it is to have a little courage to allow yourself to make that journey and find out. Right? :) But of course, whatever actions you choose to take, you must always have in mind that it's along the lines of our deen.

2nd letter~
"For what it's worth, it's never too late or in my case too early to be whoever you want to be. It has no time limit. Stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. You have no rules to these things. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you have never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you are proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

What do you think of this one? ^_^ One thing I see is hope. That it's never too late for change. Never too late to turn around and start anew and I believe that this is true. True so long as you have not reached death. So long as the world has not yet perished. Though only Allah knows for sure how long you still have hope. But being humans that have no idea of the time duration, we can always try. I like the way he hopes his daughter would see things that surprise her and to feel things that are of a novelty to her. Not to forget, to find people with different perspectives too. All the essence of how Allah makes life interesting as he creates all with such variety.

How important it truly is for a parent to nurture the souls of their children correctly. For a husband to his wife...all so very important. The duty of a man ^_^ surely along with the touch of a woman for both are created by Allah with their differences to complement each other.

2 comments: