Monday, March 7, 2011

Wisdom found!

MasyaAllah! ^_^

Salam alayk brothers & sisters! Why am I so excited? Coz as I was flipping through my notebook I found hidden wisdom! hee :) What do I mean by that? Well, it was something I jotted down quite a while ago and I totally forgot about it. Let me write it here then.

Hasan Basri (Rahimahullah) advised some of his students, admonishing them about avoiding the state of being proud. He said, 'Do not decieve yourself into being too proud because you are in a good & righteous environment, for there is no place that is better than paradise, and our father Adam experienced there what was known to all. Do not become proud merely because you worship often, for consider what happened to Iblis after he spent a great deal of time worshipping. Do not think yourself great because you have met with righteous people, for there is no man more righteous than the prophet, yet the disbelievers and hypocrites did not benefit simply by knowing him.'

You know, I was thinking. Sometimes we tend to decieve ourselves a lot more than other people. I mean, we may think we are smart at decieving others but the one we are actually decieving is our ownself. Didn't get what that meant before when as a child my mum told me, 'If you don't keep your promise, you are only lying to yourself.' I understand now mama. :) Jazakillah~

No comments:

Post a Comment