Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I need to remind myself

Kasih sayang bukan melemahkan hati, bukan membawa putus asa, bukan menimbulkan tangis sedu sedan. Tetapi, kasih sayang menghidupkan pengharapan, menguatkan hati dalam perjuangan menempuh onak duri penghidupan. – Hamka.


Something I found at arine's blog. It's great isn't it? The things people say that make you think. I have this problem in me that I can't help but feel this urge of being someone else other than me. Being like other people that is. Wishing I'd be I dunno...someone better? Why do I feel this way? Despite the things people say or think of me, I tend to look down on myself. Very low self-esteem you see. I don't even remember when I started feeling like this. Believing in oneself is very powerful but I regret to say that most of the time I don't feel confident at all. Confidence can take you a long way. Maybe that's why I'm still here unmoved? Am I moving? I just don't know. I want to believe in myself but I find that to be very difficult. That's when I think about it that is. If I don't think, somehow my subconcious seems to be very confident. haha...weird. I know. Oh well, I guess I need to be reminded that there's nothing wrong in being who I am and that being myself is how I should be.
I have to stop being afraid of being me. I should be happy.

Right?

8 comments:

  1. hey there
    uh-oh. yep.the most difficult thing to do is to be 'MYself'
    know what? i just ate potato chips with tuna. mcm yg kte slalu buat dlm loker. bahaha~

    ReplyDelete
  2. nazi, kamu sgt hebat tahu..:)kagum kerana melihat kamu sgt istiqamah .Keep writing nazi.
    sbb kamu memberi inspirasi buat diri ini :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam~

    being ourselves as long as we're in da right path is okay..just ignore the birds around us..

    btw, mkn potato chips ngan auni dlm loker??? 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. to auni,
    hey, u think it's difficult for u? I don't think so. You've always got your own way of doing things. ^_^ waaa! x sangke still buat technique tu. cey, bangge2! huhu...sedap kn? hehe...rindunye zaman college. bila la nk bg food kat auni lagi ek? haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. to dila,
    sungguh, segala puji itu bagi Allah ^_^ Alhamdulillah. Jgn lupa sebut. huhu...btw, sorry terputus line smalam. naik lift so that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. to ab!d,
    salam :) maaf la x brape pasti who you are. anyways, yup ur rite. cuma tu la, pndg terlalu rendah pada diri sendiri tu x elok kn?

    yup, dulu mase kt tkc. bukan la dalam loker. haish...haha XD bukak pintu loker tu then makan atas lantai tp dekat la kn ngan pintu loker tu so cm terutup. get it? huhu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam.

    This is based on my own experience and I'm not sure how relevant it is to your situation...

    Learning to live with ourselves and understanding who we are is a part of life.
    This involves being honest with ourselves to evaluate who and what we are. Afterwards, we can then begin to consciously change and improve ourselves.

    To some, this comes easy, to others it's more difficult. It can be frustrating and depressing, but once we achieve it, it's beneficial to us and we appreciate the internal 'stuggle' as having been ultimately worth while.

    These words may not mean much to someone who may not have already broken through the finishing line white tape already, but hopefully it can provide hope.

    Once you learn to live with yourself, it's incredibly liberating, which depending on ones sence of morality, can be applied for bad as well as good.

    Indulging in a worthwhile passion/hobby/persuit may help fill any sence of a "gap" one may have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. to mr. Allan,
    Thank u for taking time to tell me this sir :) InsyaAllah, I'll be alright. I guess it's just one of those days that you suddenly feel a bit negative and u just need to stop and think it over. Thank u sir :)
    May I be able to live with myself. So far I still am. :P

    ReplyDelete