Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm back now after so long :)

Assalamualaikum my brothers and sisters :)

Owh how I missed writing since it's been such a long while. Forgive me. I had my finals which is now done alhamdulillah. The holidays are here! Yet I'll only be heading back on Thursday. That's alright. InsyaAllah, this holiday will be a meaningful one.

Sungguh-sungguh kali ni. Semoga Allah memberi peluang dan kekuatan untuk teruskan apa yang saya harap untuk lakukan. InsyaAllah :)

This morning I woke up a little late than usual. Had a long chat with my dearest friend whom I haven't been talking to for so long. Thank Allah for that. She seemed well. We did a lot of catching up. I hope I wasn't the one talking too much though. I do have that tendency sometimes. Huhu...sorry! Friendship is a beautiful thing now isn't it? One of the many wonderful things Allah has created for us. I thank Allah for giving me such great friends. You see, it's not quantity that's important. At least not in this case. Here it's quality.

Let me ask you. Do you pray for your friends? Do you understand how it's like to pray for your friend and the implications it has on you?

I'm sure it's common for you to hear your friends say, 'Do pray for me. I've got finals tomorrow!' or 'I'm so worried. Pray for me will you?'. Well now, when you utter the words, 'Okay' or 'InsyaAllah', do you actually pray for them?

You see, you have actually made a promise there and for that you must ensure you keep to your word. You know, when you pray for a friend or anyone aside from yourself for that matter, malaikat will pray for you. You think that's an unimportant fact? My, my...it is important! Can you imagine how it's like to have one with no sin to pray for your well being? Malaikat, who never goes against Allah's wishes and created without nafs. Having them pray for you, wouldn't you want that? I know I would :)

Then again, I feel it's a bit improper when we do so only to hope for something in return. Try doing it just for Allah. That gives a whole new feeling to it. Never feel that praying for others is a waste of time. It isn't. Surely it isn't. And you know, a gift of prayer is better than materialistic things. I also heard before that it's best when you pray for someone and that person doesn't know. Unless you tell, there's no way he or she would find out right? :P So I guess we shouldn't be dissappointed if we don't get presents on our birthdays? Haha...for all you know, those people dear to you have been praying for you without you knowing. You've already recieved the best gift! A nice way to think of it ey? And thinking that, you should want to pray for them as well so even if they didn't, you'd be getting presents from malaikat anyway. Awesome! :)

So when you pray, don't forget to pray for others too cay? A reminder to myself and you.

By the way, insyaAllah I'll make it a point to write more frequently now that it's the holidays. I do have so much I want to share. Do read on okay? Till then...may Allah take care of you :)

1 comment: