Sunday, January 3, 2010

At every prayer, there is someone dead.

Yup. Perhaps we already know that I mean like we know that there is sure to be death everyday maybe every hour or even every second. The thing is how does it affect us?

An experience I've been through is that at Masjidil Haram & Masjid Nabawi, after each prayer...we'd perform 'solat jenazah' (unsure of the english term). That's it...every prayer without fail so far I've stayed there. Only there was one day in Masjid Nabawi after maghrib and isya' there wasn't any because it rained heavily outside all of a sudden. I guess they didn't get to transport the bodies but every other prayer there surely will be someone dead.

At Masjid Nabawi I didn't get to see the bodies coz there's a clear partition between men and women but at Masjidil Haram...masyaAllah...I did see them.

Jenazah-jenazah setelah dikapankan akan diusung ke depan Kaabah dan bagi mereka yang ingin solat jenazah bersama imam, boleh la berbuat begitu.

And indeed you can see them being brought and it'll always be more than one. It occured to me that so long as you're there, you'd remember death. You can't forget. I don't know about other people but surely that's how I felt. I grew very fond of it. Will always make a point to solat jenazah with the imam. Why? Because after the third takbir, you pray for the person's forgiveness. You pray that Allah with His Rahmat will forgive that dead person.

I read at a friend's blog on how it feels when you're dead. It goes like this;
"Orang yang mati di alam barzakh ibarat manusia lemas dalam air, akan berpaut apa jua yang hanyut di depannya. Ahli kubur amat mengharap pertolongan doa orang yang hidup, umpama orang yang lemas dalam air terlalu berharap sesuatu terapung hanyut di depannya untuk menyelamatkan diri."

So I thought to myself now that I have the chance, wouldn't I want to help pray for them? And I thought to myself when I'm dead, wouldn't I want others to do same? Yes, I would.

Oh well, that's one thing that doesn't happen often here in Malaysia. At least not in one particular mosque. Even so, if I get the chance I wouldn't let it go. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Its hard when the world gets to you.
    Reality doesnt really hit until you are exposed to death every day. I wish to have that here too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I'd die to die there and be prayed upon by a big, sincere crowd.

    ReplyDelete