Saturday, January 2, 2010

'Syukran'...

...that's what I heard when I finished reading the Quran one early morning waiting for Subuh prayer at Masjidil Haram. I turned to my right and there was a dark skinned lady sitting next to me who looked at me and smiled. She was saying thank you to me for reading the Quran.

I was stunned. Thank you? No one has ever said thank you to me before for reading the Quran. Never...and here a stranger who doesn't even speak the same language thanks me for reading verses from Allah. You see, she was listening to me all that time. I did notice, but it didn't occur to me that she would say anything.

Do you know that listening to the reciting of the Quran has it's rahmat? Well it does. Not only just reading you know, but just listening to another person read will give you a share of rahmat as well and I think many people forget that. What do you feel when someone near you reads the Quran for instance your roommate or anybody anywhere? Do you shut the door and leave? Do you move away? Or do you get closer.....and listen?

Ask yourself that.

Although I only met her for that brief moment, I owe that lady a lot. She reminded me of how simple things can be important and how a simple gesture of thanks can touch a person's heart. You know later when we had to pray, she let me share her sejadah. It was small yet she wanted to share anyway and truth is I felt very happy that time.

You see, little experiences like this happen a lot in Masjidil Haram. At least I feel that way.

Me, mama, kakak and of course our beloved Kaabah :)


Oh dear...I miss that place. Really do~

6 comments:

  1. subhanallah
    felt very comforting lah this post
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) ey, sorry x sempat nk call hr tu. I wanted to tp cmne ntah tgh kalut2 mase tu. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you dira~
    for helping me with my reading (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh~ that word..a friend of mine ckp kan she prefers to say syukran rather than thank u, time kaseh, arigatou, spasiba, gracias, merci, (eh..tambah2 lak..=P)n etc... sbb it reminds her to bersyukur to Allah~ hurmm...btw, finished anat comp test..heheh..computer je la tapi...huhuh..

    ReplyDelete
  5. to eka,
    ur welcome :)

    to adzreen,
    ahaa...hmm...i kinda like thank u still :P
    anat comp test? ape tu? anatomy of the computer??? o_O mouse, cpu, keyboard? eheh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ngahah! no la~~~ just test yg answer questions dlm computer tu la~~~~ ngeh2 eg: what innervates the oesophagus>> nervus vagus~~

    ReplyDelete