Sunday, September 6, 2009

Change~

Salam Alayk~

Now we are literally in the middle of the blessed month of Ramadhan. I haven't been posting have I? Forgive me for those who visit and yet find nothing new. I'm in the midst of deep thought. If I write, I fear it would do more harm than good and so I pause.

Well that's then, I'm back again :)

How has your Ramadhan been? I feel as if time has past so very quickly. Ramadhan to me seems ever so short. Spent a week at home starting off Ramadhan with my family. Going to the mosque with Mama & Abah for isya' & tarawih is indeed memorable :) Suddenly I find my parents to be so cute :P hehe... Kakak is fasting well alhamdulillah. Despite how she is she doesn't miss even a day so all of you out there should be able to fast too.

The title this time is 'change'.

Has anything changed this Ramadhan or are you going through it just like every year? Regrettably, I feel my Ramadhan last year wasn't spent that well. It is such a shame you see and I vowed it would never be like that again. That's how we should look at it. Fill in whatever lacked and improve what is already good so that it becomes better.

This time, I'm fighting off a very great weakness in me. To change for the better in an area I do not wish to mention. It is difficult but I'm seizing this opportunity. InsyaAllah, Allah will facillitate this change in me. I'd like to share something I read from 'Life is an Open Secret' by Sis Zabrina. Here goes...

Scene 1:
I walk down a street, and there's a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. It takes forever to get out. It's not my fault.

Scene 2:
I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It still takes a long time to get out. It's my fault.

Scene 3:
I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It's becoming a habit. It is definitely my fault. I get out immediately.

Scene 4:
I walk down the same street and see the deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.

Scene 5:
I walk down a different street.

What do you think? An eye-opener isn't it? 5 scenes very simply written yet hold such deep meaning. "A fundamental guideline to change" says Sis Zabrina. Yes, it sure is.

Could you cry over this? I could.

Change can be difficult and the only one who would know that is yourself coz it's you going through it. Some things can be simpler for others but that doesn't matter. What matters is you know you're doing something about it and that Allah knows that. Just because it's hard, it's no excuse for you to not do anything about it. Trust in Allah and so you will not give up changing no matter how slow it appears. No matter how many times you fall into that same hole. That same wretched hole...you won't give up. You will NOT GIVE UP. Because you know, you must change.

Because I know I must change.

And why must I do this?
Because the change is for Allah..... Tell yourself, "For the sake of Allah, walk on another street."

I have something in me that I have always wanted to change. I'm sure you do too. Be brave. Be bold. Allah made a promise...

"...Turn towards Allah, O believers, every one of you, so that you may be successfull."
[An-Nur 24:31]

Change and turn your path towards Him and you'll be successful. This is Allah making a promise and He NEVER BREAKS HIS WORD.

2 comments:

  1. Salam muy dear sister..

    Change.. Huhu.. I remember giving a speech about change at ALUK Grand Dinner on 19th of August, a day before our result came out.

    As far as I could see.. there's a lot changes in you. Form the first time I heard about you. Then when I see you in person, Alhamdulillah.. I can see a lot of good changes.. Keep up the good work and don't forget to share with others.. May Allah always bless us my dearie sis!!

    p/s : All da best in your upcoming IETS exam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam akh,

    You think so? Thanks for believing in me. Sometimes I can get so tired having to explain myself. Tired to have to prove myself too and face what people say about me. But insyaAllah, I'll be okay. I must be strong.

    Your speech must've been great :D ruginya x dpt dgr. hehe...

    Thanks for the wish. Akh doakan ye? All the best to u too in ur next big step :)

    ReplyDelete