Monday, November 29, 2010

Subhanallah, where is your heart?

This has been a question I've been dwelling upon for quite some time. Those who know me keep hearing me say it. Why? Because it is in fact a very important question that we must ask ourselves. I watched a film trailer just now entitled 'Emak Ingin Naik Haji'. It touched my heart. There was one thing that the mother said that really caught me.

She said, 'Raga mak mungkin tak mampu untuk menyeberangi lautan yang begitu luas...tapi mak yakin, Allah pasti tau...hati mak udah lama ada di situ.'
[I may not have the strength to cross the wide seas...but I know that Allah surely knows...my heart has been there long ago.]

The place she was referring to is Masjidil Haram in Makkah.

Subhanallah. How those words deeply penetrate my heart. To possess such love...it makes me wonder where my heart has gone. For someone to see so clearly what holds meaning in his or her life is incredible. Not everybody in this world could do that. For those who could, not all of them could keep it that way constantly (istiqamah). MasyaAllah...

That old lady in the story knows where her heart is. Do you?

2 comments:

  1. Salam,

    Being in Masjidil Haraam is Indeed an undescribeable experience.

    I hope ALLAH will give us another chance to visit that place again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam alayk,

    'indescribable' if you don't mind me pointing that out :) Yes indeed that's true...and it gives a feeling no other place can give.

    Yes, insyaAllah if He calls, the one being called will answer :)

    ReplyDelete