Sunday, December 12, 2010

To be certain

It's a powerful thing to be certain about what you believe in and more so to be certain about what you want. You would have no hesitation and less time spent on your life trying to figure out things. Weighing on choices to make decisions you wish you didn't have to make. But you can't run away from that because life is about making choices. From petty things to those that are crucial because you can never have everything for yourself. Because that is tarbiyyah from Allah.

Do I know what I want? Yes, I think I do but then again when you put more thought in it and when you think of consequences, situations, other people around you...suddenly it's not so simple to simply say 'I want that.' Not anymore. Not till you justify the means.

I wonder too what He has in store for me. This life ahead of me, this breath that I'm taking in right now...what will I be lead to? Do I really know what I want and will that be the best for me? Scarily enough, it might not. Hopefully though, it just might be. Perhaps 'might' isn't such a good word ey? :P hee~ So what do we do? Have faith in Allah. Trust that He will guide you.

You know day by day, I've come to feel it more than ever...the fact that I want Allah to handle my life instead of me trying as if I know what's best. And that is how things go anyway, like it or not and whether you realise it or not...Allah does handle your life. Every bit of it all this time coz ultimately....He is the One that knows best.

And that is something you should always be absolutely certain about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment