Sunday, December 20, 2009

Selamat Hari Jadi

What about birthdays? Well I just thought I'd write this as the last post before I fly tomorrow. A thought that I felt like writing down.

What do you think of birthdays? Surely different people have different opinions on this, have different ways in perceiving it am I right? The norm would be to celebrate and be happy. Get presents and so what not. Well, what does a birthday mean to me? I find it to be a special day and these past few years I keep spending time with my own self on my birthday. Why? Because that was the day I was born all those years back and I feel like the one who deserves my attention most on that day would be Allah. Not that He doesn't any other day but as I said, my birthday is one particular day I'd like to save as a special date.

A special date I keep for special people. I remember back when I was in form 5 at school. Since it's the final year people really celebrate birthdays as extravagant as they can. The usual wish at 12 a.m was a must aside from terrible pranks on the birthday girl. Know what happened on my birthday? People couldn't find me. I was lost! :P Haha...They were all waiting for 12 o'clock...went to my room and I was missing...Ahaa..where did I go? Oh no! :P hehe...

I was at the musolla, alone...with my Quran. (to wardens if you're reading I do know I shouldn't be there...sorry!)

I had to do that. I had to runaway because being alone like that, close to what's most precious is what's important to me and is what made me feel happy. It’s not partying or enjoying as some people might say it.

But hey, to my friends who were looking for me all night...thank you :) I do appreciate it really. I can’t bring myself to explain exactly how my thoughts are when it comes to birthdays but I guess yes, you’re right...they do matter to me. Nothing wrong in that right? Birthdays matter to me. A day I feel it wise to show a nice gesture just to strengthen bonds between people. Nothing too fancy...just a small gesture to show you care. Why not right? It may seem petty but small things like this hold deep meanings.

Oh well, at least that’s what I think. Am I crapping? Just a little perhaps. Haha..
Bottom line is, to you who may or may not read...Happy Birthday~ May Allah bless you with a long and healthy life with the ones you love. May you be blessed herein and hereafter. Farewell...

p/s: Call me...would you?

3 comments:

  1. why tetibe post pasal bday? coz its my bday coming rite? haha :)

    semoga dapat menjalankan umrah dengan sebaik2nya. insyallah, selamat sampai & selamat pulang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear amie,

    sila jangan perasan.



    dear dira,

    gud luck, buat umrah dgn baik.
    sampai penang, dtg ar umah aku dlu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, kebetulan birthday ak pda tarikh post ni.. hehe :D

    ReplyDelete