Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What are you waiting for?

Faces of hope, joy & love. Yes, I see a lot of that today after spending such long hours at the airport. A little girl finally meeting her father. A wife in her husband's embrace. Friends meeting long awaited friends. Family all together again. Such warmth all that spreads despite the chilling cold creeping in my bones. The warmth of love & of goodness. Of pure hearts.

I could only smile witnessing all this as I too join the crowd waiting. Waiting for my dear friend, my sister to walk out that door.

Then I thought, masyaAllah, Allah is Great. Great to have given us all the chance to experience such feelings. To experience love and you know what? No matter how sweet that love is, it is nothing compared to what He has in store for us. Compared to what He has saved for us in the hereafter.

Doesn't it make you curious? Make you feel intrigued to know what else is out of this 'overrated dunya'? Yes it is overrated and you should know that. You should feel that.

A sister asked me once, 'What is home to you?'. I recalled this phrase upon hearing that question. 'Home is where the heart is.' Yeah. That's true. It is where the heart is and how I'd like to describe it, home is where you feel you belong. A place where you don't feel out of place. A place where your heart will feel nothing but calmness...

Dunya...is not my home.
Therefore dunya cannot be where my heart is, cannot be where I belong.

My heart has to be with Allah! It has to be...and so must yours. It can't stay here.

No plane can bring your heart to where it should go. And guess what, you don't need one...coz all you need is you. You need to bring your heart home. No one else can do it for you. Ask for Allah's guidance and move! Don't stay here. Don't depend on anyone other than Him. Bring yourself home.

Allah is waiting for you.

What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment