Saturday, December 18, 2010

What you are worth...

Something opened my eyes today and I like to think of it as not being a coincidence but rather meant to be. In fact, that's how all of us should think and should believe really. The fact that things happen for a reason and that they are predestined. Nothing goes by coincidence or the term scientists like to use, 'by chance'. Surely there is a lot to talk about when discussing what I just mentioned but let's put that aside for now. Let's focus on what exactly was this so called incident that opened my eyes.

Twice today I've been reminded about worth. You can't imagine how different those two ways were but nonetheless they brought to my attention the same thing. What is that? Your own worth.

I don't know if you've ever felt this but there are times, perhaps many times we wish to be other people. That doesn't have to be all negative but I think the boundaries between can somewhat get blurred till you don't realise that what you hope for has gone a bit too far. Wanting to be someone else...that can't be right because the one you should be is you. It wouldn't be wrong at all to respect and be inspired by great personalities. What is wrong is to want to be them...exactly the way they are.

There's also another thing that I don't quite agree with. It's the way we say 'this is who I am'. So confidently we say, 'don't expect me to be anything but me therefore you can't make me change'. You see, change is essential. The only thing that's constant is change. And of course I'm referring to this world and not anything beyond that. When there's a trait in you that isn't quite one that is preferable, how could you be so confident that that trait is just who you are? If you know it's an undesireable trait, one that goes against Allah's wishes...are you happy with it being in you and would you want it to stay?

I mean think about it. Who are you? Are you certain you are who you think you are? Or are you more than that?

'You still don't see what you're worth.' That remark hit me hard. Yes...I guess that's true and astaghfirullah...what a shame. Brothers and sisters we must find our worth...we must find our strength. We're not all that helpless as we may think we are...neither are we weak. We have strength no matter how little and each of us are different which in turn, is also a form of strength.

Be not what you want to be but be what Allah want's you to be. That doesn't stop there though. Be the best in it. We are worth a whole lot more than we think.

Salam alayk~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment