Friday, April 3, 2009

For the greater good

Here I am in a conflict. To be who I am or to be who people want me to be. I've been thinking about that a lot even if nobody brought it up and because of that, believe me I do realise what people don't like about me. At least in one particular area I do. But what am I to do about it? It's not like I haven't warned my friends about my nature in mingling. I have right from the very start and that's how I mingle and that's what makes me different. 'Weird' is the term they use for me now. haha...true enough coz I'm not denying it. I am like this.

I guess I've been too optimistic to think that people are comfortable with me when in actual fact they're not. If you notice, before I did say that I can't blame people for how they treat me because I brought it upon myself. Yes, i did. It's my fault and I admit.

I wonder if anyone can accept me for the way I am. This girl who keeps wearing black from head to toe and walks like a stick. I guess it's difficult and so they choose an easier option which is to not accept me or even to ask me to change. They say "Nadira, you should change" and even if they don't say it straight to me they have their means of doing so somehow through other people who would come up to me.

Question is, should I change?

No, they should learn to accept me for who I am.


TETT!!! Wrong answer... It's a yes. YES I MUST CHANGE. Nadira must change her ways for the better or shall I say for the greater good. Have you read Harry Potter? You see in the 7th book where all the truth is revealed, Albus Dumbledore mentioned something along these lines...

"It is easy to differ between what is good and what is bad. What's difficult is to choose the greater of two goods and the lesser of two evils."

Do you get what it means there? Here's to say that when you have no choice but to do only one thing when both are good, it's nerve wrecking to choose which is better to do over the other. When it comes to having to do something cruel which you have to do even when you don't want to, it is hard to determine which isn't so bad.

Which situation am I in? There would be many opinions I'm sure so I'll leave it to you to think. As for now, I know I must change. Why haven't I changed if I realised it for so long already? Like a friend of mine said, we can relate ourselves to chemical equations. There's a reverse reaction in ourselves and since it's dynamic, forward and reverse reactions just keep happening BUT that shouldn't be my excuse.

My statement earlier was difficult for me to make a decision because it was the wrong statement. Let's change it so that I get a clearer picture on which I should choose between the two.

Before : To be who I am or to be who people want me to be.
After : To be who I am or to be who ALLAH wants me to be.

Now Nadira, is it so hard to decide? Who comes first? You or Allah?

Allah comes first and so because of that if you change, it's because of Allah and not because of what other people say or because of what other people want from you. I'm human and so I'm weak and to change the way I am is difficult for me. Very difficult but eventhough I'm saying this I'm not hoping for all of you to understand how I feel. Nobody ever does anyway (excluding you Arine, Adzreen & Adzwin) Just some people that I trust to understand my situation.

May Allah help me and give me strength for patience.
Ustaz dulu cakap, kita ni doa untuk mintak kesabaran bagi dua perkara.
1. Doa supaya sabar melakukan ibadah serta apa yang disuruh oleh Allah.
2. Doa supaya sabar meninggalkan maksiat dan apa yang dilarang oleh Allah.

I'm not a liar. What you see is the truth. The way I act, the things I say. Maybe that's why it's hard for people to accept because they really see who I am. I'd like to correct what I said before when I said that I appear to be strong when I'm not. That's wrong. I am strong in that sense or else i wouldn't be able to hold myself together. So, you see I'm not lying. What you see has been me all along.

It's gonna be hard and I know that even if I change there will be people with other views on how I should be. It's okay coz whatever happens, I've got Allah.

Thank you brothers & sisters who have directly or indirectly asked me to change :) May Allah bless you.

6 comments:

  1. "I wonder if anyone can accept me for the way I am. This girl who keeps wearing black from head to toe and walks like a stick."

    amat2 stuju ngn statement di atas, where : pakai hitam hari2, n jalan lurus+tegak gle cam kayu..hahaha..tapi nak wat cane en..

    pd paan : "terima seseorang seadanya, KELEBIHAN NYA DI SYUKURI, KEKURANGAN NYA DI REDHAI.."

    penah ke paan s0und direct kat dira?! or penah ke paan tego ini, tego itu kat dira?! maybe ade org yg buat camtuh..kalo d0rg teg0 tuh tak salah la en..tapi pada paan, bukan salah dira yg paan cari..tapi kebaikan yg ada pada dira yg paan pandang - which later akan di kembangkan utk membaiki mana2 slacks/flaws..

    paan taw ape dira nak st0ri kat sini..s0, pada paan..kal0 dah rase2 unc0mf0rtable dgn situati0n skarang nih, try to minimise the flaws (or mende2 yg ley wat org len pk mcm2)- bukan nak kate kne transf0rm 180 degree jd laen..

    ibarat yg paan ckp, SHIFT THE POSITION OF EQUILIBRIA..

    so kita bukan nya nak kena tukar reactants or pr0ducts kalo nak shift kan p0sition of equilibria nih, kita just kena adjust or alter FACTOR2 yg affect system (in this case=hidup dira) to restore back the equilbrium..

    paan rasa dira paham sgt2 kot ape yg paan nk st0ri (kite se-lamda k0t)..

    hidup nih bnyk mende kita ley blaja..
    example: dalam iELTS, kita ade blaja wat paragraph CONCESSION, simply bec0z we r n0t trying to be bias..(so kita consider other ppl P.O.V)

    example: dalam chem, kita blaja yg even system in dynamic equilibria p0n bley dist0rted by external factors..ini kan plak hidup kita sbg MANUSIA?!

    insyaAllah..n0w dira maybe dah dpt clear picture on what paan nk st0ri kat sini..(paan cte sume nih as a reminder utk paan gak-bukan nk teg0 org salah)

    k0nklusinyer, dira kan da besar (evn lom 18 thn g)..s0, dira da ley pk, n dira taw ape yg dira kena wat..s0 kat sni, dira tak salah, and begitu gak ngn ppl ar0und u..xde spe p0n yg salah..its just manusia tuh penuh ngn KHILAF..

    "kal0 rasa ade mende yg perlu di baiki, kita baiki..kalo rasa ade yg perlu kita kurangkan, kita kurangkan..kalo rasa ade mende yg perlu kita jauhi, kita jauhi..kalo rasa perlu perubahan, maka kita berubah"

    ok sis?! jgn em02 g...remember tuh meng-un-EMO-kan diri anda..

    hope that Allah kasi kita taufik dan hidayah utk kita sama2 berubah..(so kat sni tak de sape yg bersalah)

    ..........renung2kan dan slamat ber-fikir.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks paan.

    yup, dira phm ape paan nak try kate kt sini. U sure know a lot. haha...and I'm sure u know sape yg menegur dira. tp as I said, bknnye dira x sedar selama ni but I have my reasons as to why I hv been acting the way I act. Reasons to why I'm who I am. But as we grow older, we realise more things and we are stronger to do things that we can't do before.

    I'm thankful for what has happened to me. I didn't see it before when I was smaller and used to question a lot about why things happen. Now, I'm learning to see the good behind everything.

    Sometimes I wonder, why is it when it's my flaw, everyone makes a fuss about it. Everyone has something to say about it and everyone notices and thinks it's so bad. All this when it is MY flaw. Semua org x puas hati.

    Mungkin Allah nk pelihara dira? hmm...mungkin :)

    Doakanlah, dira diberi kekuatan dan kesabaran daripada Allah untuk membetulkan kekurangan diri ini.

    p/s: about me wearing black and walking like a stick, is it that bad? I mean dira jln tu dasyat sgt ke? lurus x elok eh? tujuan dira nk tlg pelihara mata2 org. kalau lurus, org x pdg la kn? ke lg pdg plak jdnye? hmm...(thinking)

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam alyk..

    "Sometimes I wonder, why is it when it's my flaw, everyone makes a fuss about it. Everyone has something to say about it and everyone notices and thinks it's so bad. All this when it is MY flaw. Semua org x puas hati."

    correction = actually, bukan hanya dira jer org pk or ckp mcm..it occur to evryone..(mybe dira je tak prasan kot..or perasaan diri itu DI SALAHKAN tuh terlalu kuat kot)..itu ah warna-wani hidup manusia..mcm yg sms eka kata "d0nt forget that ppl also have tongue"

    tapi nak wat cane en..

    pasal dress-up ngn d way dira jalan, xde pr0bs ape pun..dah dira mmg cmtu, nk wat cne en..hahaha..

    its just, nmpk cam hantu kadang2..sebab kalo hantu yg xde kaki, die akan jalan straight jer, cam xde wave..tegak cam kayu..kalo dira lak, cam ada roda kat kaki dira, so die bergerak tanpa rhythmic wave..ngeh3..tak masalah ape pun..btol..criuz..ok jer..muahahaha (kot)

    tapi nak wat cane en..

    takpe..utk shift the p0sition of equilibria tuh cann0t be abrupt (i.e shunning away fr0m ppl, d0k dalam gua, diam membatu cam siamang atas p0kok..etc..)..cam lagu ah-

    "take one step at a time..there's no need to rush..its like learning to fly, or falling i l0ve.."

    semua tuh ada phase2 and stages die..tak yah kalut2...

    ade abg tuh kata, peredaran malam ke siang tuh, ikot phase2 dia masing2..kadang2 kita cam tak sedar yg siang dah berubah jadi malam, rasa cam sekejap sgt..nmpk cam xde perubahan, tapi sbanrnye changes itu ada..

    sama gak kat sni, tak perlu nak gle2, berev0lusi dari labi2 menjadi naga air (apekah?! hahaha..) i mean changes cann0t be abrupt..kalo nak evolve mula lah dari labi2 kpd kura2, than kpd penyu dan seterusnya ber-metam0rphosis menjadi NAGA ?! (apekah?!)
    hahaha..rasa nya dira paham k0t..

    itu jer..case cl0sed!!!

    g0d bless u sis..salam alyk..

    ReplyDelete
  4. "its just, nmpk cam hantu kadang2..sebab kalo hantu yg xde kaki, die akan jalan straight jer, cam xde wave..tegak cam kayu..kalo dira lak, cam ada roda kat kaki dira, so die bergerak tanpa rhythmic wave..ngeh3..tak masalah ape pun..btol..criuz..ok jer..muahahaha (kot)"

    =_= ZREETTT............

    nmpknye matlamat nk jage pandangan org lain x tercapai. ye la...kalau lenggok2 kang x psl2 kalau laki tengok laki tu dpt dosa, ppuan tu pun dpt dosa. haih......

    i'm a ghost with wheels now? T_T

    ReplyDelete
  5. reading your post..i suddenly thought of one line in Batman: The Dark Knight.
    "Sometimes the truth is not enough. People need more than that."
    that explains the one true flaw of human nature. theyre afraid of the truth. :) but doesnt mean its wrong being true. its because not everyone can be that, that people tend to not want u to be that..if u understand what im implying.
    being true and rare..thats two things u dont need to change ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Arine. you know, people just don't get me. i'm counting on you to understand.

    ReplyDelete