Saturday, April 25, 2009

A lesson from Captain Aizen

Salam. :) I was browsing my old blog and I thought I'd just re-post a post from there.

I wrote this previously when I was crazy watching BLEACH. So what is it that I learnt from Captain Aizen?

Adzwin: You can change your hairstyle? Your eyes are cured when you become bad?

Haha...not quite right there Adzwin. XD I learnt this~

-admiration is a state furthest away from understanding-

That was quoted to Toushirou when Captain Aizen was referring to Momo who was blinded by admiration towards him making it easy for her to be manipulated.What do you understand from what he said? I find it to be very true. Let's think about it. Why did he say admiration is a state furthest away from understanding?

Let's take Momo as an example. She has always admired Captain Aizen even before she became a shinigami. Because of that she strives hard to get into his squad and works even harder so that she could be a leutenant under him, the closest position she could ever reach. Wanting to be close to Captain Aizen and by being close people would say that she understands him most. But....is that really the case? -in the end she understood nothing and was deceived-

You see, when you admire a person you tend to be blinded from that person's flaws and weaknesses. All you see are great things about that person and it just never occured to you that anything wrong would ever be done by him or her. How do you expect to understand the person if this is the case? You're being bias.To be acknowledged by the one you look up to, respect and admire is just wonderful, what more to become friends. But to really be good friends, understanding that person is essential. I'm not saying you cannot admire and understand your friend at the same time, I'm just saying that there should be a limit to this admiration. Remember not to let it blind you. =)

Taking time understanding people is a lot of fun. Really! I must say, it's such a blessing if you have a friend who understands you and knows you well and for you to understand them back. I know I want a friend like that. ^_^ What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment