Thursday, April 16, 2009

In case you and I forget

My fever was bad last night and it prolonged till today but Alhamdulillah after staying home and not going to class today I felt better. As Allah wills it, my fever went down and so insyaAllah I'll be able to do my biology practical this evening as I mentioned in my previous post.

Now what reminder would I like to give today? Just this verse in the Quran.

"...Allah tidak ingin menyulitkan kamu, tetapi Dia hendak membersihkan kamu dan menyempurnakan nikmatNya bagimu, agar kamu bersyukur."
[Al-Maidah 5:6]

Actually the early parts of this verse explained on how to wudhu' with water and also in absence of it. This shows how important 'solat' is. Maybe we could discuss more on that later but the end of the verse is as you see above.

I guess it's true that having to keep taking wudhu' all the time is a nuisance but you see as Allah has said Himself, what He asks us to do is not to complicate things for us but to cleanse ourselves and so that we are thankful.

I'd like to apply this in my condition now too the fact that I'm sick. This sickness from Allah is not to complicate things for me but to cleanse myself. How is that?

Abu Sa'id and Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet p.b.u.h said,
"No fatigue, nor disease, nor anxiety, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he recieves from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

You see, when we are ill or in pain, Allah has His way of cleaning us.
And so, I'm thankful :)

If you're ill dear reader, you should be thankful too :)

2 comments: